Technical standards, guidelines and specifications
The following technical standards, guidelines and specifications provide information and processes that apply to Northern Territory (NT) Government infrastructure for building and civil assets.
When working in NT Government assets or preparing a tender, there are certain requirements and process you must follow:
- for specifications for buildings, roads, environmental management and recycled crushed glass, site specific rules and commercial clauses - refer to technical specifications
- to request for existing drawings, official NT Government drawing number or tender numbers - refer to technical records.
Access technical documents relating to a specific engineering discipline or subject area below.
Building design standards - includes architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, vapour barriers fire and more.
- Civil construction materials testing - test methods and codes of practice for sampling and testing materials.
- Civil standard drawings - civil standard drawing register, current and previous civil standard plans and drawings for bridges, civil, electrical, project signs, structural, traffic.
- Road design and drafting tools - standards that set out the requirements for road design on Northern Territory controlled roads and civil infrastructure.
- Road development guidelines - requirements for third-party developers when developments connect to NT Government road corridors.
- Road hierarchy profiles and pavements:
- Road safety audits - resources to assist you in ensuring road safety audits are carried out consistently.
- Road safety barriers - information about nominal standards for road safety barrier systems.
- Road surfacing standards - standards that set out the requirements for road surfacing on NT controlled roads and civil infrastructure.
- Stormwater and drainage:
- Street lighting:
- Traffic signals:
Depending on the project you're working on, you must also refer to the following:
Last updated: 20 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!