- contain the latest updates in both policy and regional requirements
- ensure that assets constructed for the NT Government (NTG) reflect best industry standards.
Read the specifications for each subject area:
- environmental management
- recycled crushed glass as an engineering material specifications
- Specification services training - August 2019
- Specification services training - August 2019 (slideshow version)
Site specific rules
Below are rules when entering specific sites.
The following are site regulations for hospitals in the NT:
- Alice Springs Hospital
- Gove District Hospital on the Health ePublications website
- Katherine Hospital on the Health ePublications website
- Royal Darwin Hospital
- Tennant Creek Hospital .
Read the Department of Health's Infection control during construction, renovation and maintenance policy on the Health ePublications website.
- NT Schools site rules, go to the Department of Education website.
- NT Police Fire and Emergency Services (NTPFES) facilities site rules
NTPFES PF166 Authority to release criminal history and information of holdings, including spent conviction - Application form available from SafeNT, 37 Woods St, Darwin, or your local police station if you are in a remote or regional area. Only used for works in NTPFES facilities.
- Parliament House site rules, go to the Department of the Legislative Assembly website.
- Correctional services (prisons)
- Site rules for works at aerodromes
Assistance for tenderers, contractors and consultants
- Guide for development of WHS management plans
- Guide for development of Industry Participation Plan
- Guide for development of Indigenous Development Plan
- Guide for development of Project Quality Plan
- Construction program - draft bar charts
- Guide to copying hold points and witness points schedules from stand alone documents to RFT/RFQ
- Project control plan (PCP) guidance
The hold and witness points of each specification can be located in the respective supplementary documents for each specification if applicable.
- Guide to specification production and specification writing
- Procedure for Building Certification - May 2019
- TDO technical document blank template
- Specification writing guidance booklet - This is a compilation of articles created after research into specification writing. Most of the articles are from sources outside Australia, but the selected sections are relevant to the Australian context.
- Guide to setting up MS Word 2010 for RFT editing
- Guide to PSRs
Minimum design standards
- Mechanical Services - HVAC System Design Guidelines
- Electrical Services - Design
- Hydraulic Services - Design
- Top End Health Services - Royal Darwin Hospital - Design Guidelines
If you need information or assistance regarding the master specifications or the production of project specifications, contact Specification Services.
The Manager, Specification Services
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics,
PO Box 61, Palmerston, NT 0831
Last updated: 16 October 2020
Share this page: