Road safety audits
The Northern Territory Government aims to provide a road transport network that is:
To achieve this, the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (DIPL) will conduct road safety audits on all projects that make:
- permanent changes on Territory roads, or
- changes as part of temporary road configurations due to construction traffic management arrangements.
You should use the following documents to ensure audits are carried out consistently:
- Road Safety Audit: Technical directive and guideline
- Road Safety Audit: Request brief template
- Road Safety Audit: Corrective action report template
These documents have been developed in line with the following:
- Austroads Guide to Road Safety (AGRS) PART 6: Managing Road Safety Audits
- Austroads Guide to Road Safety (AGRS) PART 6A: Implementing Road Safety Audits.
For more information on these guides, go to the Austroads website.
Last updated: 10 December 2019
Share this page: