Commercial passenger vehicle reforms
On 1 December 2017, the Northern Territory Government introduced a regulatory model to accommodate point-to-point ridesharing transport services, while ensuring a level playing field for the current Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) industry.
The outcomes from the regulatory model address the following key issues:
- service standards
- levelling the playing field for the existing CPV industry
For more detailed information on the regulatory model, view the overview of the new regulatory model.
Reforms in progress
- Taxi and minibus security camera specifications
- Codes of conduct
- Courtesy vehicle category partial deregulation
- Communications and dispatch network conditions
- Darwin taxi ballot
- Electronic payment surcharges
- Prepaid taxi fares
- Vehicle maintenance standards
- Key Performance Indicator standards – Taxi industry
- Ridesharing transport services
- Taxi fare review
- Licence fees
Last updated: 24 December 2019
Share this page:URL copied!