Central Australian Commercial Passenger Vehicle forum
The Central Australian Commercial Passenger Vehicle Advisory Committee assists industry groups with coordinating the commercial passenger vehicle transport task in the central and southern regions of the Northern Territory.
About the forum
Terms of reference
The Central Australian Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) forum is established by the Director of Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport (the Director) under section 5(2) of the Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport Act. The Director determines forum membership and how it is to operate.
Functions and objectives
The functions and objectives of the forum are to:
- develop and promote cooperation between the various sectors of the CPV industry to improve and provide quality customer service;
- resolve within the limits of the law all the matters it can relating to the day to day operation of CPVs in its region;
- provide advice to the Director on matters that it cannot resolve; and
- refer strategic matters to the Director for consideration.
Culture of the forums
In carrying out its functions, the forum is guided by the principles of:
- serving the transport needs of the community;
- providing a safe and reliable transport service;
- meeting transport needs at times of peak demand; and
- providing quality customer service at all times.
The Central Australian CPV Forum covers the Alice Springs, Yulara and Tennant Creek regions. Forum members may be comprised of representatives from the:
- taxi industry
- minibus industry
- private hire and limousine industry
- motor omnibus industry
- hospitality and retailers sector
- tourism sector
- city and/or regional council
- industry training providers
- consumer/passenger advocate
- disability advocacy services
- Northern Territory Government.
The Director (and any representative) is considered to be a non-voting member and cannot be elected as Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson.
Other key stakeholders will be invited as required, which may include representatives from the senior and youth sectors.
The forum may either:
- elect a member to be Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson for a specified period, or
- rotate the Chairperson role – where the Forum opts to rotate the role of Chairperson, the Forum shall elect the Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson at the preceding meeting.
At a meeting of the forum:
- three (voting) members form a quorum;
- the Chairperson or, if he or she is not present, the Deputy Chairperson, will preside;
- all questions will be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present; and
- the Chairperson or, if he or she is not present, the Deputy Chairperson, has a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes, also has a casting vote.
The Forum will meet regularly, at a time determined by the Chairperson and notified to the members, but not less than four times per year.
The Director is responsible for ensuring a representative is, or representatives are, available to carry out secretariat functions for the forum, including preparation of the agenda and meeting minutes.
Forum members will not be remunerated for meetings or functions carried out in their capacity as members.
2015 and Previous
- July 2015
- May 2015
- February 2015
- July 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- October 2013
- June 2013
- August 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- May 2010
- April 2010
Please contact your industry representative if you would like any issue raised or would like to provide feedback.
|Noeline Laurie||Disability Advocacy Servicesemail@example.com|
|Wayne Thompson||Tourism Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rodney Virgin||Minibus Representativeemail@example.com|
|Kevin Everrett||Alice Springs Town Council||KEverett@astc.nt.gov.au|
|May Taylor||Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logisticsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gary Carter||Eagle Training Servicesemail@example.com|
|Parmvir Singh||13 CABSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Collin Dawson||Alice Springs Taxisemail@example.com|
|Ray Loechel||Australian Hotel Associationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paul Alekna||A&P Private Hire Carsemail@example.com|
|Jaspreet Grewal||Alice Taxis Associationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stephen Patullo||NT Taxi Council Representative||Stephen.email@example.com|
Last updated: 28 January 2020
Share this page: