The Northern Territory Government (NTG) is prioritising reforms to building regulations to ensure confidence in the local building industry.
The introduction of commercial builder registration is a priority reform.
In March 2021, the Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics released a consultation paper on building contractor registrations, as part of 3 building reform initiatives.
Industry feedback from the initial consultation supported the introduction of building contractor registrations, resulting in the minister requesting the Building Advisory Committee work with the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics to progress building contractor registrations.
In March to April 2022, the department prepared a further consultation paper with 2 registration options and invited feedback from stakeholders to nominate a preferred option.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find previous information below:
- consultation paper for building contractor registrations - March 2022
- building reform 2021 fact sheet
- consultation paper - compulsory third party review - structural design 2021
- consultation paper - continuing professional development - building practitioners 2021
- consultation paper - building contractor registrations 2021 .
Last updated: 22 April 2022
Share this page:URL copied!