Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
This page contains information about:
- management of asbestos in government buildings
- the asbestos register for government assets and remote communities
- the joint agency working group on asbestos management
- asbestos management policy for Northern Territory Government agencies.
Go to the Northern Territory Government website for information about asbestos, asbestos in the home, asbestos in the workplace, and asbestos removal.
Management of asbestos in government buildings
Asbestos management plans and asbestos registers have been prepared for assets under the department's direct management and control.
Contractors engaged to conduct works at these locations where the nature of their works will or are likely to disturb any asbestos or ACM will be required to refer to the asbestos registers and asbestos management plans in the table below for further instruction.
Prior to commencement of work contractors will need to do all of the following:
The asbestos register and management plans
The registers and plans contained in the table below have been made available here to assist compliance with our legislative obligations as a PCBU.
|Asset – Structure Location||Register||Management Plan||Certificate of Inspection|
NTB-00403 – Greatorex Building ALICE SPRINGS
NTB-00339 – Borroloola Accommodation Compound BORROLOOLA
NTB-01005 – Chan Building DARWIN
NTB-00261 – Jabiru Government Centre JABIRU
NTB-00636 – DoI Regional Office, NHULUNBUY
NTB-01940 – Government Centre TENNANT CREEK
NTB-00340 – DoI Complex TENNANT CREEK
NT-0687A – Visiting Officer Quarters, Lot 113 Ramingining NT
NT-0687B – Visiting Officer Quarters, Lot 187 Milingimbi NT
NT-0687C – Visiting Officer Quarters, Lot 304 Galiwinku NT
NT-0687D – Visiting Officer Quarters, Lot 99 Numbulwar NT
NT-0687E – Visiting Officer Quarters, Lot 121 Gapuwiak NT
NT-0687F – Visiting Officer Quarters, Lot 227 Ngukurr NT
NT-0687G – Lot 8, Kalkarindji
NT-0687G – Lot 232, Lajamanu
Asbestos management policy for government assets
NT Government inter agency working group
The Inter-Agency Asbestos Management Working Group was established by the Northern Territory government in early 2013.
Its functions include:
- a thorough examination of asbestos management related issues as they effect the NT
- coordinating the Northern Territory's position in respect of the Australian Government's National Strategic Plan for Asbestos Awareness and Management 2014-2018.
Participating agencies include:
- Department of Infrastructure
- Department of Business (NT WorkSafe)
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of Housing
- Department of Lands, Planning and the Environment
- Department of Corporate and Information Service
- Department of Community Services
- Department of Local Government and Regions
- Department of the Chief Minister
73 NTNER asbestos register
The Asbestos Register for the 73 NTNER Communities (“the Register”) came into operation in April 2010 and was last updated in July 2013.
Since the introduction of the register, there have been significant developments impacting on the management of asbestos through the national Work Health and Safety legislation.
The Department of Infrastructure has ceased maintenance of this register. Information from the register will NOT be available after October 2015.
You can contact the property manager either by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: (08) 8946 5069
Last updated: 18 April 2016