Asbestos Management Policy and Strategy for Northern Territory Government assets
The Asbestos Management Policy and Strategy for the Northern Territory Government (the Policy) aims to ensure a safe and healthy work environment and best practice in the management of asbestos containing materials for government controlled buildings and contaminated land.
A review and update of the Policy has been undertaken with the revised document now available here:
NT Government Inter-Agency Working Group
The Inter-Agency Asbestos Management Working Group (Working Group) was established by the Northern Territory Government to progress a collaborative, whole-of-government approach to improving asbestos awareness and asbestos management of Northern Territory Government assets, both within and outside the built environment.
Its functions include:
- a thorough examination of asbestos management related issues as they effect the Northern Territory
- ensuring a collaborative whole of government approach to addressing legacy asbestos removal outside the built environment
- provide advice and recommendations to the Northern Territory Government on asbestos management as it relates to NT Government built assets and contaminated land.
The Working Group involves representation from:
- Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics – Chair, Secretariat and administration support
- Department of the Chief Minister
- Department of Attorney General and Justice
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of Housing and Community Development
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Department of Tourism and Culture
- Department of Primary Industry and Resources
- Department of Corporate and Information Services – NT Property Management
- Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency Services
- Territory Families
- Power and Water Corporation
Last updated: 14 May 2019