Inter-agency asbestos management working group
The Inter-agency Asbestos Management Working Group (the working group) was established by the NTG to progress a collaborative, whole-of-government approach to improving asbestos awareness and asbestos management of NTG assets, both within and outside the built environment.
Its functions include:
- a thorough examination of asbestos management related issues as they effect the Northern Territory
- ensuring a collaborative whole of government approach to addressing legacy asbestos removal outside the built environment
- provide advice and recommendations to the NTG on asbestos management as it relates to NTG built assets and contaminated land.
The working group involves representation from:
- Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics – Chair, Secretariat and administration support
- Department of the Chief Minister
- Department of Attorney-General and Justice
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture
- Department of Primary Industry and Resources
- Department of Corporate and Information Services – NT Property Management
- Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency Services
- Territory Families
- Power and Water Corporation.
Last updated: 28 January 2020