Inter-agency Asbestos Management Working Group
The Inter-agency Asbestos Management Working Group (the working group) was established by the Northern Territory (NT) Government.
Its goal is to progress a collaborative whole-of-government approach to improving asbestos awareness and asbestos management of NT Government assets, both within and outside the built environment.
Its role includes:
- reviewing and advising on the effectiveness of the asbestos management policy and strategy
- ensuring that asbestos management plans are regularly reviewed, updated and effectively implemented
- providing information in relation to asbestos management decisions as they impact on their department including matters such as aligning business requirements and the resolution of cross-agency issues
- providing advice and leadership to drive a whole of government approach to meet objectives identified against the priority focus areas
- coordinating the NT's position in respect of the Australian Government's National Strategic Plan for Asbestos Awareness and Management 2014-2018.
The working group involves representation from:
- Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics – Chair, Secretariat and administration support
- Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Attorney-General and Justice
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities
- Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security
- Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
- Legislative Assembly of the Northern Territory
- Department of Corporate and Digital Development
- Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency Services
- Power and Water Corporation.
For information about asbestos registers, read asbestos management for government assets.
For enquiries about other asbestos registers, email email@example.com
Last updated: 03 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!