Middle Arm Sustainable Development Precinct
Read the media release - 11 May 2011.
The Northern Territory Government (NTG) is working with industry and the Australian Government to transform Middle Arm into a globally competitive sustainable precinct.
The Middle Arm Sustainable Development Precinct (MASDP) is proposed across approximately 1,500 hectares of industrial land and will:
- focus on low emission hydrocarbons, renewable hydrogen, carbon capture storage and minerals processing
- drive industry diversification, exports, job creation and population growth
- play a pivotal role in growing the Northern Territory (NT) economy.
Read the project overview fact sheet .
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (DIPL) referred the MASDP to the NT Environmental Protection Authority (NT EPA) in February 2022.
The referral will progress the development of a strategic long-term program, which will build a sustainable future for all Territorians.
Commencement of the environmental assessment is the starting point of a rigorous process. It will ensure the MASDP considers potential environmental, social, cultural and economic impacts.
To view and comment on the referral and the draft terms of reference, go to the NT EPA website.
Strategic assessment agreement
Through DIPL, the NTG has also entered into a strategic assessment agreement (SAA) with the Australian Government.
The SAA will:
- deliver an impact assessment process that will provide greater approval certainty for developers
- provide a better focus on regional scale and cumulative impact assessment for the environment.
To view and comment on the draft terms of reference for the SAA, go to the Have Your Say website.
For more information about the assessment, read the environmental assessment fact sheet - April 2022 .
To find out more, register your interest in the MASDP or sign up for updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also read more about the MASDP on the Territory Gas website.
Last updated: 12 May 2022
Share this page:URL copied!