Infrastructure NT, led by the Infrastructure Commissioner, will deliver strategic infrastructure planning and development which co-ordinates and aligns infrastructure needs with industry and population growth.
Infrastructure NT will lead the development of a new Territory Infrastructure Framework including a refocussed Infrastructure Strategy and Infrastructure Plan to create an infrastructure ecosystem which supports economic growth.
A key focus of Infrastructure NT will be to work with Australian Government agencies, including Infrastructure Australia, to deliver nationally significant infrastructure projects and have a seat at the table with other Australian jurisdictions when it comes to prioritising national infrastructure projects.
Infrastructure NT Commissioner
The Infrastructure NT Commissioner’s role is to actively pursue investment, and drive major projects in the Territory. The Commissioner champions the needs of the Territory for infrastructure funding at a national level, to deliver the public infrastructure needed to secure the critically important job-creating projects, providing a crucial link to achieving the NT Government’s goal of a $40 billion economy.
The interim NT Infrastructure Commissioner, Louise McCormick, was appointed to the role in April 2021. Ms McCormick is the former General Manager of Transport and Civil Services for the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics for the Northern Territory Government. Ms McCormick, currently the Deputy Chair of Austroads and a Fellow of Engineers Australia chartered in Civil, Structural and Executive Engineering, is in good stead to prioritise and deliver on these nationally significant infrastructure projects.
- Establishing a strategically focussed professional team to represent the Northern Territory in national discussions, ensuring the Territory’s public infrastructure requirements have Commonwealth and broader community support, including submissions to Infrastructure Australia for priority project listing;
- Developing a new Territory Infrastructure Strategy, incorporating annual Infrastructure Plans, ensuring the right infrastructure is built at the right time, in the right place to support productivity, economic growth and regional sustainability, bolstering the Territory’s private sector;
- Overseeing business cases and concept plans for ‘shovel worthy’ government projects, underpinned by appropriate community engagement and planning through the regional recovery committees; and
- Reviewing and defining processes to assess and prioritise all major publicly funded infrastructure investment proposals.
- Preparing to deliver the Ship Lift project
Get in touch
Last updated: 04 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!