Provide feedback to DIPL
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (DIPL) welcomes all types of feedback, including complaints, compliments and suggestions.
Your feedback helps us improve the way we operate. It may be about a staff member or an experience with the department.
How to provide feedback
To give feedback, you can do so by either:
- filling in the feedback form
- emailing us at email@example.com or
- writing to us using the address below.
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
Attention: Governance and Risk Management Officer
GPO Box 1680
DARWIN NT 0801
If you need a response from the department, you must provide it in writing and send your contact details.
If you want to leave feedback anonymously, leave out your contact details when using the feedback form or sending a letter.
What we do with your feedback
If you provide your contact details and depending on the nature of your complaint, the feedback coordinator will either:
- respond to you directly within two working days of receiving it or
- forward your feedback to an action officer within the relevant area of the department
- if this happens, the relevant area will contact you within seven working days of the complaint being made.
- provide you with information about our complaint handling process
- ask you what outcome you expect
- listen to you, treat you with respect and actively involve you in the complaint process where possible and appropriate
- provide you with reasons for our decision/s and any options for redress or review.
Only officers involved in addressing a complaint will be informed.
Officers dealing with complaints must follow the information privacy principles when collecting and handling personal information.
Read more about the information privacy principles on the Information Commissioner website.
If you’re not happy with the department’s response
You can request a review of your complaint by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It will be given to an officer in the department who hasn’t had any prior involvement in the matter.
The officer will advise you in writing of the outcome within 15 working days.
To find out more about providing feedback or complaints to the department, email email@example.com.
Last updated: 19 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!