Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Commercial passenger vehicle reforms
On 28 April 2017, the Northern Territory Government announced a regulatory model to accommodate point-to-point ridesharing transport services, while ensuring a level playing field for the current Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) industry.
The outcomes from the regulatory model will address the following key issues:
- Service standards
- Levelling the playing field for the existing CPV industry
For more detailed information on the new regulatory model, please view the Overview of the new Regulatory Model.
Reforms in Progress
- CPV Consultation Strategy
- Key Performance Indicator Standards – Taxi Industry
- Rank Safety Program
- Ridesharing Transport Services
- Taxi Fare Review
- Point-to-Point Transport Levy Payment System
Last updated: 01 December 2017