Richardson Park community space
Read the stakeholder update - March 2022 .
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics, together with the Department of Education and Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities, is delivering improvements to Richardson Park to reactivate the community space.
The improvements will enhance and activate the area for the community and Ludmilla Primary School whilst upgrading the existing field to make it suitable for training.
The project is being delivered in stages, with demolition of the derelict and non-compliant buildings completed in 2021.
The current stage of the project started in March 2022 and includes:
- landscaping including grassed areas, trees and activity nodes
- reconstruction of the playing field
- earthworks and stormwater drainage
- services including electrical, water, sewer, telecommunications and CCTV cameras
- a serviced site for the new ablution block and change room facilities
- road extension of Richardson Drive, including carparks, driveways and pathways.
The next stage of works will start in mid to late 2022 and include the following building works:
- ablution blocks
- change rooms
- storage areas
- associated undercover area.
All work on site is expected to be completed in early 2023.
History of the site
Richardson Park has a long history associated with Rugby League. The project acknowledges this history in the concept designs and honours memorials of significance at the site.
The memorial for Warren “Shadow” Mount is being preserved during the works and will be reinstated when works are complete.
- stakeholder update - August 2021
- stakeholder update - January 2021
- environmental testing and site redevelopment update - stakeholder notice - May 2020 .
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 01 March 2022
Share this page:URL copied!