Richardson Park community space
Read the stakeholder update - January 2021 .
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics, together with the Department of Education and Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities, are working to deliver improvements to Richardson Park to open up the space.
The improvements will enhance and activate the area for the community (residents) and Ludmilla Primary School whilst upgrading the existing field to make it suitable for training.
Below are the proposed concept:
- $2.9 million to remove the derelict and non-compliant buildings and improve the field to:
- bring it back up to a standard suitable for training
- create public open spaces
- $2.1 million to extend Richardson Drive to the Ludmilla Primary School to:
- improve access to both sites
- create a safe traffic solution
- $2.1 million for:
- the construction of an ablution facility
- upgrades to the existing part of Richardson Drive to meet the requirements of the City of Darwin
- the current fencing around the border of Richardson Park will be removed, once works are complete, to:
- open up access to the area
- help safe use of the site.
Last updated: 11 January 2021
Share this page: