Pinelands road safety upgrades
- Closing of Stage 3 consultation - news item - January 2020
- Extension of Stage 3 - news item - December 2019
The Pinelands and Holtze precincts are busy industrial areas southeast of Darwin where businesses are serviced daily by heavy vehicles and road trains.
The department has been undertaking planning work to improve safety and access into Pinelands and Holtze since late 2016. The objectives of the planning project are to:
- improve road safety for heavy vehicles and all road users
- provide more efficient and functional access to Pinelands and Holtze for all vehicles
- address existing road safety concerns about access in and out of Pinelands and Holtze
- upgrade infrastructure to accommodate future growth in the area
- maintain an acceptable level of service for future traffic increases on arterial connecting roads
- respond to the area’s changing economic profile and future land use planning.
Three stages of community consultation have been completed to date and final concept is currently being prepared.
The final concept design will be shared with the community before the project progresses to detailed design.
- Concept design at Stage 3 (2019) - For information only - not the final design
- Final report (redacted to remove personal information) on Stage 2 community consultation (2018)
- Concept design at Stage 2 (2018) - For information only - not the latest design
Last updated: 19 August 2020
Share this page: