Palmerston Police Station
This project is now complete.
The Northern Territory Government is improving safety in the Palmerston and surrounding areas through building a new police facility on the corner of Temple Terrace and Farrah Boulevard.
The new Palmerston Police Station will provide Palmerston and rural residents with a modern policing facility that will accommodate the region’s needs for effective contemporary policing for at least the next 30 years.
The police facility will:
- include a new Police Station and Watch House which will provide 24 hour police services for the Palmerston and regional area
- enable up to 200 police to deliver key policing outcomes into the future in this growth area and will provide a more central physical presence than the existing police station to demonstrate a strong police presence
- include a secure front counter, multiple meeting/ interview rooms and a waiting area with toilets and shower
- a new Emergency Response Operations Centre, providing Emergency Services a dedicate location to services the Palmerston region.
Construction of the new facility includes:
- earthworks removal and filling to create building platforms and pavement
- construction of a:
- 3 level police station building, that includes an Emergency Response Operations Centre
- watch house building incorporating a central chiller plant
- community hall
- services building
- covered parking areas
- installation fencing, gates, signs, pathways, flag poles and other external features
- installation and modification of pavements and kerbing
- earth works and installation of efficient stormwater drainage systems
- installation of essential services such as power, water, sewer and communications
- Safer Communities: Palmerston Police Station and 120 extra Police - Media Statement - December 2018
- Construction commenced - Fact sheet - May 2018
- More Jobs and Safer Communities: Palmerston Police Station tender awarded - Media Statement - April 2018
- Delivering Safer Communities – Palmerston Police Station construction tender released - Media Statement - December 2017
- Safer Communities: Palmerston Police Station Site announced - Media Statement - October 2017
- Big Step Forward for new Palmerston Police Station - Media Statement - May 2017
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 28 October 2020
Share this page:URL copied!