Myilly Point landscaping and playground
Read the Asbestos remediation update - October 2020 .
The Northern Territory Government has committed to creating cool active spaces at Myilly Point.
The new Myilly Point playground precinct will comprise a youth zone and an adventure play zone:
- the youth zone will provide:
- a basketball half court
- skate area
- tropical landscaping
- the adventure play zone will provide:
- shaded play equipment
- active climbing areas
- balance beams
Additionally, Myilly Point will have:
- shaded central picnic area, with barbeques, facilities for food vans and amenities
- one kilometre looped walking and running track
- one mile (1.6 kilometres) walking and running track
- outdoor exercise stations.
This project will enable broader development of the site at a later time.
Asbestos remediation of the playground precinct site is underway and will be completed in early 2021.
- Asbestos remediation update - August 2020
- Asbestos remediation update - July 2020
- Asbestos remediation update - June 2020
- Asbestos remediation commencement - April 2020
- Asbestos investigation
- Creating Jobs: Playground Precinct at Myilly Point for Top End Families - Media Release - May 2019
Project Director: Lyle Hebb
Phone: 8946 5218
Last updated: 07 January 2021
Share this page: