Myilly Point landscaping and playground
Read the Asbestos remediation update - October 2020 .
The Northern Territory Government has committed to creating cool active spaces at Myilly Point.
The new Myilly Point playground precinct will comprise a youth zone and an adventure play zone:
- the youth zone will provide:
- a basketball half court
- skate area
- tropical landscaping
- the adventure play zone will provide:
- shaded play equipment
- active climbing areas
- balance beams
Additionally, Myilly Point will have:
- shaded central picnic area, with barbeques, facilities for food vans and amenities
- one kilometre looped walking and running track
- one mile (1.6 kilometres) walking and running track
- outdoor exercise stations.
This project will enable broader development of the site at a later time.
Asbestos remediation of the playground precinct site is underway with the excavation of the containment cell completed. Placement and containment of the contaminated material will commence in early July, with completion of the work by mid-August.
- Asbestos remediation update - August 2020
- Asbestos remediation update - July 2020
- Asbestos remediation update - June 2020
- Asbestos remediation commencement - April 2020
- Asbestos investigation
- Creating Jobs: Playground Precinct at Myilly Point for Top End Families - Media Release - May 2019
Project Director: Lyle Hebb
Phone: 8946 5218
Last updated: 21 October 2020
Share this page: