Mandorah Marine Masterplan
Read about the upgrade of hand rails - May 2021 .
The Mandorah Jetty is an ageing asset and a new facility is required to:
- improve safety
- provide access for mobility impaired users
- unlock development and tourism in the area.
The new facility has been identified as a long-term project under the 10 Year Infrastructure Plan 2018-2027.
The project has been brought forward to support the Territory’s construction industry and create local jobs.
The following are the design and construction timeline:
- awarded detail design: 18 June 2019
- release construction tender: 2021
- expected completion: by 2024.
- A breakwater structure / rock groyne
- A gangway and floating pontoon to improve access for mobility impaired users and users with prams
- Piles/pylon to support the floating pontoon
- A boat ramp
- A fishing facility from landside
- Onshore supporting infrastructure featuring car park and trailer parking
The existing Mandorah Jetty and boat ramp will require ongoing works, to maintain current services. This work is to ensure public safety and maintain the existing level of service until new facility is built.
Vehicle limits remain in place with a speed limit of 10 km/hr and load limit of 4.2 tonnes. Access to some sections of Mandorah Jetty will be restricted during works. A public notice will be issued to advise of any impacts to the use of the facility as a result of these works.
Read the previous announcements below:
Last updated: 15 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!