Chan Building demolition
This project is now complete.
The Chan Building was demolished in 2020 as part of the Civic and State Square revitalisation. The demolition has made way for cool, green spaces for the Darwin community to enjoy.
These works are part of the historic Darwin City Deal, delivered in partnership with the Australian Government and City of Darwin.
The City Deal also includes:
- Charles Darwin University City Campus
- Austin Lane enhancement
- State Square Art Gallery
- State Square underground car park.
Below are previous announcements about the project:
- Chan Building demolition - fact sheet - Hard demolition - September 2020 .
- Chan Building demolition - media release - May 2020
- Chan Building demolition - fact sheet - April 2020 .
Last updated: 25 January 2022
Share this page:URL copied!