State Square underground car park
This project is now complete.
The Northern Territory Government is committed to revitalising Darwin’s CBD into a tropical, world-renowned destination, whilst supporting local business, creating more jobs for Territorians and boosting tourism.
The revitalisation of the Civic and State Square precinct included constructing a new 450 bay underground car park which is now complete.
The project aimed to make the city a cooler and more public friendly place with the incorporation of lush green pedestrian friendly gardens above the car park.
The car park is now open to the public with entry via Herbert Street off Mitchell Street. The car park is operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For more information and fees, visit the City of Darwin website.
- Open to public - Stakeholder notice - January 2020 .
- Traffic delays expected - Fact sheet - January 2019
- More jobs, cooler city: Another step for Cavenagh Street, Civic and State Square projects - Media Statement - November 2018
- Excavation - Fact sheet - August 2018
- More Jobs, Cooler City: Excavation begins on $19.4 million State Square Underground Car Park - Media Statement - August 2018
- Early works - Fact sheet - June 2018
- Creating jobs: $32 million tender to revitalise and cool Darwin’s CBD - Media Statement – January 2018
Last updated: 25 January 2022
Share this page:URL copied!