Bushfires NT Headquarters
This project is now complete.
Construction is complete for the new Bushfires NT Headquarters in Acacia Hills, with the building now operational.
The new headquarters supports 35 Bushfires NT staff and 350 volunteers, providing a centralised hub in Darwin’s rural area, improving accessibility and community safety. Bushfires NT staff from Winnellie and Batchelor have relocated to the new facility, making it easier to respond to and manage bushfire emergencies to keep the community safe.
The new headquarters:
- includes a new integrated Incident Control Room that will support Bushfires NT in responding to and managing bushfire emergencies. This facility will provide a combination of incident control and training, and issue up-to-date information to volunteers and the community.
- includes modern office accommodation, an appliance bay, operational and support areas, infrastructure and service connections for future expansion and solar panels and conditioning controls to reduce operational costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
- enables Bushfires NT staff and volunteers to effectively manage bushfire emergencies from a rural location, improving community safety and accessibility, while strengthening relationships between rural land holders, volunteers and service providers.
- Creating jobs: New Bushfires NT Headquarters construction underway - media statement - January 2020
- Construction starts on the new Bushfires NT Headquarters - media statement - August 2019
For any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 16 June 2020
Share this page: