Bushfires NT Headquarters
- Creating jobs: New Bushfires NT Headquarters construction underway - media statement - January 2020
- Construction starts on the new Bushfires NT Headquarters - media statement - August 2019
The Northern Territory Government is improving safety in rural areas with the construction of the new Bushfires NT Headquarters in Acacia Hills.
The new Headquarters will support 35 Bushfires NT staff and approximately 350 volunteers. Once complete, the new facility will bring Bushfires NT staff from Winnellie and Batchelor together under one roof, making it easier to respond to and manage bushfire emergencies to keep the community safe.
The new headquarters will:
- include a new integrated Incident Control Room that will support Bushfires NT in responding to and managing bushfire emergencies. This facility will provide a combination of incident control and training, and issue up-to-date information to volunteers and the community
- include modern office accommodation, an appliance bay, operational and support areas, infrastructure and service connections for future expansion and solar panels and conditioning controls to reduce operational costs and greenhouse gas emissions
- enable Bushfires NT staff and volunteers to effectively manage bushfire emergencies from a rural location, improving community safety and accessibility, while strengthening relationships between rural land holders, volunteers and service providers.
Project Director: Andrew Jacka
Phone: 08 8946 5046
Last updated: 12 February 2020