Austin Lane enhancement
This project is now complete.
The NT Government, in partnership with the City of Darwin, completed works to enhance the Austin Lane streetscape with the construction of:
- two covered walkways
- tree plantings
- upgraded seating.
A new Activity Node along Austin Lane from Edmunds Street to Knuckey Street including Spain Place has also now been completed.
The Activity Node is a dedicated space to support community activities such as street parties and festivals.
To create an inviting and engaging experience for people moving through the city centre, the infrastructure enhancements include:
- decorative lighting
- improved paving
- various greening options.
The Activity Node provides:
- a linkage with the recent upgrades at the other end of Austin Lane
- spaces to capture the cooling benefit of the breezes between buildings
- support to local businesses by encouraging increased pedestrian activity.
Austin Lane and Spain Place street view during the night
Austin Lane and Spain Place street view during the day
Austin Lane and Spain Place – near LMK
Austin Lane enhancement map
Austin Lane enhancement stages map
- Austin Lane activity node - August 2020
- Creating jobs, supporting local business: Austin Lane revamp media release - April 2020
- Revitalising our CBD - Austin Lane complete media release - March 2020
- Austin Lane activity node - March 2020
- Austin Lane activity node - July 2020
Project Director: Lauren King
Last updated: 05 January 2021
Share this page:URL copied!