Arnhem Highway - Adelaide River floodplain upgrade
The Australian and Northern Territory Governments are funding a $77.88 million upgrade of 6.5 kilometres of the Arnhem Highway across the Adelaide River floodplain.
The project will reduce road closures during the wet season along the Arnhem Highway due to flooding of the Adelaide River, resulting economic and safety benefits for road users.
The upgraded section of the highway will be built next to the existing road alignment, which will include:
- raising the height of the road
- drainage structures (13 bridge structures) along the new alignment.
For previous announcements, read:
- Media release: Adelaide River floodplains construction underway -19 October 2020
- Fact sheet - October 2020
- Fact sheet - August 2020 .
Last updated: 22 January 2021
Share this page: