Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Population and development growth has resulted in increased traffic activity along the Stuart Highway in the Coolalinga area.
This has presented a number of road safety and accessibility issues and a long-term traffic management solution is now required.
While previous concept plans for the area have been developed, the Government, through the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics will conduct a thorough investigation of the traffic issues including future planning for the area and improved accessibility for existing and future land use developments.
Have your say
The Northern Territory Government has engaged Northern Territory civil engineering company Byrne Consultants to investigate and develop the long-term traffic management solution and Darwin based PR Button to conduct the community consultation. Consultation will run until 31 March and include meetings with key stakeholders and local businesses. You can let us know what you think by taking our survey.
The traffic management solution will be developed over a number of stages in consultation with the broader community, including:
- Technical studies and community consultation regarding the existing issues and public concerns
- Development of design options for traffic management in the Coolalinga area between Henning Road and Virginia Road
- Presentation of the design options to the business and residential community and an opportunity to provide feedback
- Development of a final design, and
- Design implementation and construction.
It is envisaged that the final design may take up to one year to complete allowing for concept development, stakeholder feedback and detailed design.
For further information:
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Call Stakeholder Engagement Manager Casey Lovelock on 8924 7118