Australasian Transport Research Forum
This year the tropical location of Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia will be hosting the 40th Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF) Conference from 30 October to 1 November 2018.
The ATRF conference is an opportunity to show case contemporary transport technology, innovation, industry projects, researchers, policymakers, advisors and practitioners in Australia and South East Asia from a range of disciplines to share and build upon the latest research and thinking in the transport sector.
The conference will be held at the Darwin Convention Centre.
We invite you to attend, present as part of the program, or submit Research Papers and/ or Professional Practice Papers which are focused as follows:
- The ‘Research Paper’ stream is primarily for academics and professional researchers who seek to have their work reviewed fully peer reviewed. Multiple reviewers assess these papers based on a range of criteria commonly applied to scientific research, particularly the extent to which the paper advances knowledge in the field.
- The ‘Professional Practice Paper’ stream is designed primarily for practitioners from government and the private sector. Professional Practice Papers will be reviewed from the perspective of their contribution to professional practice rather than their scientific contribution. These papers are expected to provide an insightful description of rigorous professional work associated with the administration, planning, design or operation of the transport system. Papers are expected to have relevance beyond the jurisdiction or organisation where the work was undertaken and authors are encouraged to consider the broader implications of their work for professional practice. Papers must be free from obvious advertising or self-promotion.
The ATRF conference covers a wide range of topics, and authors are invited to submit papers covering topics such as:
- freight & logistics
- traffic modelling, forecasting & simulation
- transport analysis & big data
- active transport (cycling, walking, etc.)
- public transport
- transport & land use / urban design
- planning and policy
- transport economics, impacts and environment
- aviation / maritime
- ITS connected and autonomous vehicles
- transport funding and pricing
- travel behaviour & demand management
- traffic engineering & management.
The conference web site is currently being established and once it is operational a link will be available from the permanent ATRF web site. The conference web site will provide details of the program, registration, the paper submission and peer review process. Registrations to present or attend the conference will open in the next few weeks. Please note that full papers are due by 19 June 2018 and you must be registered in order to present a paper at the conference. More details to be posted soon.
We look forward to seeing you in October in the Top End!