Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) services at local post offices
Territorians can access licence and registration services at a local post office including in regional and remote communities.
At 20 post offices in the Northern Territory (NT), you can:
- renew your licence and have a new licence photo taken
- renew your vehicle registration and submit roadworthy inspection
- transfer interstate licences to the NT
- update personal contact details and sign up to receive free SMS renewal reminders
- apply for a replacement NT driver licence card.
At the 20 post offices, if you do not have your renewal notice, you can still renew your registration or driver licence by showing your ID.
Other NT and interstate post offices can also process basic licence and registration renewals using the Post BillPay barcode.
To learn more and to view the participating post offices with MVR services, go to the NT Government website.