DIPL contractor process for remote works - COVID-19


Remote communities in the Northern Territory (NT) have been closed for all non-essential travel. This action was taken in response to preventing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).

Only approved remote essential workers can now visit remote communities.

If you are a DIPL contractor and require to deliver essential works in remote communities and designated area, you will need to apply for an Approved Remote Essential Worker (AREW) ID card.

How to apply

You can now apply online for an AREW ID card.

To find out how to apply, read the Contractor Industry Advice: Working in remote communities and designated areas factsheet PDF (121.8 KB) or visit the NT Government's Coronavirus website.

If you have already applied for the AREW ID card or your application is already being processed, you do not need to resubmit another application.

Risk management plan

All DIPL managed contractors working and/or travelling to remote communities are expected to have a COVID-19 risk management plan.

For more information, read the DIPL Contractor COVID-19 Management Plan factsheet DOCX (80.2 KB).


Phone: 8924 7620

Share this page:

URL copied!