Safe crossing and connectivity improvement works on Vanderlin Drive and Leanyer Drive - Hibiscus Shopping Centre, Leanyer
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics has developed a concept design in consultation with stakeholders.
This design has addressed concerns that have been raised regarding the suitability and safety of pedestrians and cyclists crossing movements at the intersection of Leanyer Drive and Vanderlin Drive, and safe access to the shopping centre, particularly for people with mobility difficulties.
The proposed design will include the following works:
- widen the existing shared path on Vanderlin Drive fronting the Hibiscus Shopping Centre
- construct a ramp (design catering for mobility impaired) and zebra crossing to improve safe access through the car park to the shopping centre (main pedestrian and cyclists link)
- construct a new shared path link leading to the Vanderlin Drive / Leanyer Drive intersection
- construct a new ramp from the intersection to the shopping centre
- remove the existing pram ramps for crossing Leanyer Drive and adjoining links
- install a controlled (traffic lights) crossing for pedestrians and cyclists at the Vanderlin Drive / Leanyer Drive intersection.
- the left turn lanes will not be controlled by traffic lights.
The department is seeking community feedback on the design.
To provide your feedback, please contact the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics project manager James Stanway - email@example.com
View the proposed design .