Mandorah Jetty Design Tender Awarded
On 18 June 2019, the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics awarded a detailed design contract for new marine facilities at Mandorah.
The contract was awarded to local engineering consultant Cardno (NT) Pty Ltd for $1.1 million, which will support local jobs and incorporate a number of features, including:
- A breakwater structure/rock groyne;
- A gangway and floating pontoon to improve access for mobility impaired users and users with prams;
- Piles/pylon to support the floating pontoon;
- A boat ramp;
- A fishing facility from landside; and,
- Onshore supporting infrastructure featuring a car park and trailer parking.
Mandorah Jetty is a popular land-based fishing destination in the Territory and the new facilities will make it even more attractive to recreational fishers to visit the area and drop a line.
The construction tender is anticipated for release in the first half of 2020 and completion expected for mid-2022.
The current ageing facilities need to be replaced in order to improve community safety, and this will also provide an opportunity for further development and tourism in the area.
For more information, visit the project page.