Expression of interest for Lot 3017 Giles Street, Katherine
The former Katherine Sports and Recreation Club on Giles Street Katherine will be developed into a four-star quality hotel accommodation.
Expressions of interest for the development closed on Friday 12 November 2021.
The site is Lot 3017, Town of Katherine – a 1.96 hectare parcel of Crown land located at 40 Giles Street, Katherine.
The land overlooks the Katherine River corridor and is within close proximity to the centre of Katherine, and along the only road to Nitmiluk National Park.
Through this process, the NT Government was seeking expressions of interest that will:
- redevelop and revitalise the existing site, taking into consideration site constraints and opportunities
- maintain areas of open green space and connectivity to the Katherine River corridor
- deliver on the hotel accommodation market requirements for Katherine
- articulate a vision for the site that positively complements and enhances the built fabric, environment and social character of the Katherine township
- contribute to Katherine’s attractiveness as a destination and
- maximise local benefits throughout the life of the project including workforce development, local jobs, Aboriginal employment and workforce development, local industry participation and investment in and contribution to the Territory community.
The request for EOI documents was released on Monday 9 August 2021 to all proponents that have registered or pre-registered.
Illustrative concept plan
What we are doing
Read the news story.
Crown Land Estate
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
Last updated: 13 December 2021
Share this page:URL copied!