Expression of interest for Lot 3017 Giles Street, Katherine
Registrations are now open for proponents interested in submitting an expression of interest (EOI) for the future development of the former Katherine Sports and Recreation Club on Giles Street Katherine into a four-star quality hotel accommodation.
The site is Lot 3017, Town of Katherine – a 1.96 hectare parcel of Crown land located at 40 Giles Street, Katherine.
The land overlooks the Katherine River corridor and is within close proximity to the centre of Katherine, and along the only road to Nitmiluk National Park.
Through this process, Government will be seeking expressions of interest that will:
- redevelop and revitalise the existing site, taking into consideration site constraints and opportunities
- maintain areas of open green space and connectivity to the Katherine River corridor
- deliver on the hotel accommodation market requirements for Katherine
- articulate a vision for the site that positively complements and enhances the built fabric, environment and social character of the Katherine township
- contribute to Katherine’s attractiveness as a destination and
- maximise local benefits throughout the life of the project including workforce development, local jobs, Aboriginal employment and workforce development, local industry participation and investment in and contribution to the Territory community.
The request for EOI document was released on Monday 9 August 2021 to all proponents that have registered or pre-registered. To access the request for EOI document, you must register your interest by filling in the expression of interest form below.
Interested proponents have until 2pm (ACST) on Friday 29 October 2021 to submit an expression of interest.
Illustrative concept plan
What we are doing
Read the news story.
Community members of Katherine are invited to attend a briefing on the Northern Territory Government's request for expressions of interest for the development of the former Katherine Sports and Recreation Club on Lot 3017, Town of Katherine (40 Giles Street) into a four-star quality hotel accommodation.
The briefing will be on Thursday, 16 September 2021 from 6pm to 8pm at the Katherine Town Council Chambers.
The proposed redevelopment would provide:
- a significant construction project in Katherine
- future jobs opportunities for locals, and
- improved availability of tourism facilities in the town.
To register your attendance, email email@example.com.
Register your interest
You can register your interest by filling in the expression of interest form.
Crown Land Estate
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
Last updated: 27 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!