Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Keep up to date with the latest news releases on the history and progress of the recommendations of the Katherine and Darwin Regions Flood Mitigation Advisory Committees.
Marrara Detention Basin PFAS Update
The Marrara Detention Basin is part of the Rapid Creek Flood Mitigation program of works, to be constructed on the corner of McMillans Road and Henry Wrigley Drive. As a requirement of the NTEPA, due to the proximity of the site to the Rapid Creek corridor and the Marrara Fire Station, testing for the presence of Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) has been undertaken on this site. The results of the testing has determined the soils within the Marrara Detention Basin site contains trace levels of PFAS which are significantly below the Health Based Guidance Values for PFAS. To view the interim results, refer to the below documents.
Ministerial media releases
- Final Alice Springs Flood Mitigation Report now online - 21 June 2017
- New e-bulletin to detail progress of Darwin Flood Mitigation works - 29 February 2016
- Alice Springs Flood Mitigation Committee established to develop flood mitigation initiatives - 26 February 2016
- Draft flood mitigation reports open for public comment - 14 May 2015
- Country Liberals moving quickly to address Darwin flooding issues - 28 February 2015
- Darwin Flood Mitigation Advisory Committee meets for the first time - 24 February 2015
- Katherine Flood Mitigation Advisory Committee - 13 February 2015
- Flood mitigation committees begin their work - 28 January 2015
- Minimising flood risk to keep premiums down - 20 November 2014