From Darwin to Alice Springs, many areas in the Northern Territory are prone to flooding.
Flooding can happen in built-up urban areas due to towns and suburbs located within riverine floodplains or due to localised flooding associated with stormwater run off.
The community, local businesses, emergency services, local council and government need to work together to reduce the impact of flooding.
The Northern Territory Government is committed to assisting residents in flood-prone areas through a range of flood mitigation options recommended by the Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs Flood Mitigation Advisory Committees.
The following are the department's flood mitigation projects:
- Alice Springs flood mitigation
- Katherine flood mitigation
- Yarrawonga - road upgrades and Stage 2 flood mitigation works
- Marrara detention basin.
Flood mitigation per region
- Flood mitigation in Darwin region
- Flood mitigation in Katherine region
- Flood mitigation in Alice Springs region
For any questions regarding the Darwin or Katherine flood mitigation projects:
- contact the flood mitigation hotline on 1800 560 308 during business hours
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 08 May 2020
Share this page:URL copied!