This environmental management specification covers the requirements for the environmental management of projects, including general environmental controls, environmental management plans and sub-plans, heritage and cultural approvals, materials extraction approvals as well as site specific requirements such as soil erosion and weed management.
This environmental management master specifications are prepared and maintained by the Department of Infrastructure for use on Northern Territory Government road works projects and are made available as a service to the public.
Users will need to evaluate the material for their suitability for use on their particular projects.
While care has been taken to ensure that information is true and correct at the time of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information.
The Northern Territory of Australia gives no warranty or assurance, and makes no representation as to the accuracy of any information or advice contained, or that it is suitable for your intended use.
The Northern Territory of Australia accepts no liability for any losses or damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the use of the material.
By clicking on any of the links to documents below, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of the above disclaimer.
Standard specifications and supplementary documents
- Standard specification
- Supplementary documents
Environmental management assistance
- value for money
- project specific and site relevant
- ensures contractors aware of their environmental responsibilities
- ensures measures are in place for contractors to manage the environmental components of their projects effectively
- procedures are in place to ensure the contractor is able to handle any environmental issues or emergencies that may arise.
- Phone: (08) 8999 4550
- In person: The Manager, Environment Services, Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics, Level 3 Highway House, Palmerston
Last updated: 26 March 2018