Youth Justice Centre
- Safer Communities: Design Tender Awarded to Local Business for New Youth Justice Centres – Media Statement – December 2018
- Commencement of Statutory Planning Process – Factsheet – November 2018
- Safer Communities: Consultation Continues for Darwin Rehabilitation Precinct – Media Statement – November 2018
- Safer Communities: New Darwin Rehabilitation Precinct – Media Statement – August 2018
- Proposed development of a rehabilitation precinct – Factsheet – August 2018
About the project
Northern Territory Government is working to deliver a fit for purpose, contemporary and secure rehabilitation precinct in Darwin. The proposed site for the rehabilitation precinct is Lot 67, Hundred of Bagot, Pinelands.
It is proposed that the new precinct would include a new youth justice centre and an alcohol rehabilitation centre. The youth justice centre would replace the previously planned centre at the former Don Dale Youth Detention Centre at Berrimah.
The site at Pinelands would be accessed from an extension of McKinnon Road and is bordered by Tiger Brennan Drive. There would be no access to the facility from Tiger Brennan Drive. This site is located in proximity to current public transport services and will allow connections with services to be implemented, facilitating access for youth stakeholders.
Project commencement – mid 2019
Estimated completion – mid 2021
A map of the site is now available to download
Please contact the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics via email email@example.com
For further information on the new Youth Justice Centres or to discuss these matters further, please contact the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 11 February 2019