Palmerston Police Station
- Safer Communities: Palmerston Police Station and 120 extra Police – Media Statement – December 2018
- Project update – Video – November 2018
About the project
The Northern Territory Government is improving safety in the Palmerston and surrounding areas through building a new police facility on the corner of Temple Terrace and Farrah Boulevard.
The new Palmerston Police Station will provide Palmerston and rural residents with a modern policing facility that will accommodate the region’s needs for effective contemporary policing for at least the next 30 years.
The police facility will:
- Include a new Police Station and Watch House which will provide 24 hour police services for the Palmerston and regional area.
- Enable up to 200 police to deliver key policing outcomes into the future in this growth area and will provide a more central physical presence than the existing police station to demonstrate a strong police presence.
- Include a secure front counter, multiple meeting/ interview rooms and a waiting area with toilets and shower.
- A new Emergency Response Operations Centre, providing Emergency Services a dedicate location to services the Palmerston region
Cost - $30 million
Project commencement – May 2018
Estimated completion - mid-2019
Queries can be directed to the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics’ Project Manager Lionel Rosenberg on 0429 236 743 or email email@example.com
Construction of the new facility includes:
- Earthworks removal and filling to create building platforms and pavement
- Construction of a:
- 3 level Police Station Building, that includes an Emergency Response Operations Centre
- Watch House Building incorporating a central chiller plant
- Community Hall
- Services Building
- Covered Parking Areas
- Installation fencing, gates, signs, pathways, flag poles and other external features
- Installation and modification of pavements and kerbing
- Earth works and installation of efficient stormwater drainage systems
- Installation of essential services such as power, water, sewer and communications
Construction commenced – Factsheet – May 2018
More Jobs and Safer Communities: Palmerston Police Station tender awarded – Media Statement – April 2018
Delivering Safer Communities – Palmerston Police Station construction tender released – Media Statement – December 2017
Safer Communities: Palmerston Police Station Site Announced – Media Statement – October 2017
Big Step Forward for new Palmerston Police Station – Media Statement – May 2017
Last updated: 08 February 2019