Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Palmerston Regional Hospital
Palmerston Regional Hospital is the Top End's new public hospital. The $170 million facility will open its doors to patients in 2018.
It is the Northern Territory's first new public hospital in almost 40 years and is funded by the Australian and Northern Territory Governments.
The 116-bed facility will deliver primary and community health care services to Territorians for many years to come.
Construction of the Palmerston Regional Hospital is progressing well and the project is on schedule.
You can see a progress report on the works at the Palmerston Regional Hospital website
- Construction commenced on the Stuart Highway and Temple Terrace intersection
- Tender for the Managing Contractor awarded to Lend Lease Pty Ltd
- Bulk excavation work, clearing the site for the new hospital commenced
- Construction of the main hospital foundations commenced including the ground floor footings, columns and services
- Pouring of the ground floor slab commenced
- Construction of the main building structure continues, including installation of essential services
- Staged internal fit out to commence
- Staged fit out works continue throughout the project, which includes mechanical, hydraulic, fire and electrical services, dividing walls, ceilings, floor covering and windows
- Commencement of external works such as paving, construction of the car park and landscaping
- Building commissioning to be complete
- Construction of the new hospital complete
- Department of Health commissioning and medical fit out
- Hospital open to public
Local industry participation
Managing Contractor for the construction of the Palmerston Regional Hospital is Lend Lease. Lend Lease is committed to ensuring local industry has the opportunity to participate in the construction of the Palmerston Regional Hospital.
Current trade packages awarded to local firms
Bulk excavation & site clearing
Allan King & Sons
Boundary fencing & gates
Totem Fencing P/L
Footings & columns
C & V Concrete P/L
Site survey & set out works
Bennett & Bennett P/L
Quantity surveying services
QS Services P/L
Early works hydraulic services
Project Plumbing P/L
High Rise & Rigging P/L
One Steel Darwin P/L
Site surveillance camera
Genset fuel supply
Mini Tankers P/L
NT Pro Form P/L
HB Concrete Darwin P/L
One Steel Darwin
C & V Concreters NT P/L
Reo Fast NT P/L
Darwin Concrete Pumping P/L
Early works electrical
NT Link P/L
VEOLIA Environmental Darwin
Civil early works - stormwater
Allan King & Sons P/L
Core Staff NT P/L
Site amenities cleaning & consumable
Corestaff NT & Shamrock Chemicals
Structural steel roofing
Block work supply
HB Blocks & Pavers
Otis Lifts Darwin
Block laying (Early works)
Rob O’Keeffe P/L
Fire Protection, Wet & Dry
Control Fire Services P/L
Airducter Pty Ltd
Project Plumbing Pty Ltd
Metal Roof Sheeting
Halikos Roofing P/L
Nurse Call and Security System
Security and Technology Services (NT) Pty Ltd
The site is in Holtze, Palmerston.
What’s happening on site?
Work on the $170 million Palmerston Regional Hospital is continuing to progress well, with the second floor of the hospital taking shape.
Stair wells and wall construction is continuing on level one, while main sewer and stormwater drains and water services are being laid to provide essential services to the future health facility. Concrete is being poured to form the floors of the second level, while site power trenching and laying of conduit is ensuring the future hospital’s power supply.
The eight buildings that will comprise the hospital will deliver the most technologically advanced hospital building in the Northern Territory and fulfils the NT Government’s long term plan for modern health service for Palmerston and Darwin rural residents.
During peak construction, it is anticipated there will be 300 people employed on the site.
Fortnightly project status updates are also available by checking the Palmerston Regional Hospital website – you’ll see new pictures updated fortnightly
Construction will be complete in March 2018, after which the Department of Health will commence fit out and commissioning of medical equipment.
- 14 July - Project status update
- July/August Construction update
You can contact Glen Brady, project director, by either:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: (08) 8999 3388.
An update on the great progress on the Palmerston Regional Hospital.
Last updated: 18 July 2017