Extension of Roystonea Avenue between Lambrick Avenue and Owston Avenue
- Improve traffic flow and reduce congestion
- Make travel easier in preparation for future developments planned in the area.
- Improve cyclist and pedestrian access to the area.
- Construction of two intersections at Belyuen Road and Southern Connector Road
- Protecting of essential services
- Construction of a shared user path along the new section of Roystonea Avenue
- Installation and improvements to street lighting
Construction works on Roystonea Avenue from Lambrick Avenue to the Southern Connector Road (official road name yet to be confirmed) is 90% complete. The new shared user path is well advanced, while taking care to maintain as much natural vegetation as possible.
Ongoing monitoring and management of noise, vibration, dust and water run off continues to minimise construction impacts on the surrounding environment and residents. Environmental controls have all been implemented and verified via a recent audit.
Preparation for the road foundations, drainage and associated works are complete and pavement construction is now underway. Construction equipment will be on site for the duration of the works.
As a result of these activities, there has been an increase in heavy vehicles using Lambrick Avenue between the Stuart Highway and Roystonea Avenue.
To minimise impact on traffic and allow for works to proceed safely, temporary lane closures and speed limits are in place on Lambrick Avenue as needed. Motorists are asked to observe all traffic control devices.
It is anticipated that the project will be complete in October, about two months earlier than originally anticipated date of December 2016.
You can contact Shane Dahlelm, project director, either by:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: (08) 8999 3643.
Update 4: 28 September 2016
Palmerston Road Upgrades - Roystonea Avenue extension between Lambrick and Owston Avenue's - works commenced mid February