Dundee Beach boat ramp upgrades
Dundee Beach boat ramp is one of the Top End’s most popular boat ramps and will be upgraded by the Northern Territory Government at cost of $4.5 million (exclusive GST) to improve access. The existing rock groyne at the Dundee Beach boat ramp is unable to provide safe protection for boat launching.
- Replace and improve the existing boat ramp and protective groyne
- Improve facilities for recreational boating at Dundee with year round launch access
Works start: Monday 20 June 2016
Works complete: December 2016
Works started on Wednesday 7 June 2016. At this stage of works, the boat ramp will operate as normal, with a temporary boat ramp to be installed at a later date. Boat ramp users will notice an increase in construction activity and should take care when using the boat ramp.
- A new re-aligned 80 metre concrete boat ramp will be constructed alongside the new extended rock groyne
- A new larger rock groyne is to be constructed
- Re-profiling of the beach, and moving of significant build-up of sand moved south and away from the ramp with the natural ocean current
- Proposed future works for the car park is in planning stage
You can contact Matt Phillips, senior project manager by either:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: (08) 8999 3469
Last updated: 28 November 2017