Top End CPV forum
The Top End Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) forum was established to assist local industry with ensuring the transport needs of the travelling public are delivered in an efficient way.
The forum also provides greater opportunities for stakeholder cooperation and assists the Director with more informed decision making.
- November 2018
- April 2018
- November 2017
- August 2016
- April 2016
- June 2015
- October 2014
- May 2014
- September 2013
- May 2013
- February 2013
- October 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- July 2011
About the forum
Terms of reference
The Top End Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) Forum is established by the Director of Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport (the Director) under section 5(2) of the Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport Act 1991. The Director determines Forum membership and how it is to operate.
Forum functions and objectives
The functions and objectives of the Forum are to:
- develop and promote cooperation between the various sectors of the CPV industry to improve and provide quality customer service
- resolve within the limits of the law all the matters it can relating to the day to day operation of CPVs in its region
- provide advice to the Director on matters that it cannot resolve and
- refer strategic matters to the Director for consideration.
Culture of the forums
In carrying out its functions, the Forum is guided by the principles of:
- serving the transport needs of the community
- providing a safe and reliable transport service
- meeting transport needs at times of peak demand and
- providing quality customer service at all times.
The Top End CPV Forum covers the Darwin, Katherine and Nhulunbuy regions. Forum members may be comprised of representatives from the:
- taxi industry
- minibus industry
- private hire and limousine industry
- motor omnibus industry
- rideshare industry
- hospitality and retailers sector
- tourism sector
- city and/or regional council and
- Northern Territory Government
The Director (and any representative) is considered to be a non-voting member and cannot be elected as Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson.
Other key stakeholders will be invited as required, which may include representatives from the disability, senior and youth sectors.
The Forum may either:
- elect a member to be Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson for a specified period, or
- rotate the Chairperson role – where the Forum opts to rotate the role of Chairperson, the Forum shall elect the Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson at the preceding meeting.
At a meeting of the forum:
- three (voting) members form a quorum
- the Chairperson or, if he or she is not present, the Deputy Chairperson, will preside
- all questions will be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present and
- the Chairperson or, if he or she is not present, the Deputy Chairperson, has a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes, also has a casting vote.
The forum will meet regularly, at a time determined by the Chairperson and notified to the members, but not less than two times per year.
The Director is responsible for ensuring a representative is, or representatives are, available to carry out secretariat functions for the forum, including preparation of the agenda and meeting minutes.
Forum members will not be remunerated for meetings or functions carried out in their capacity as members.
General Enquiries |
Contact Commercial Passenger Vehicles
08 8924 7580
CPV Industry – Taxi|
(Katherine & Nhulunbuy)
|Ahmad (Sam)||ABOLGHASEMI||Katherine Taxisemail@example.com|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Minibus||Bill||PIANTONI||
People Movers NT / Metro Mini Bus|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Rideshare||Brendan||O'SULLIVAN||Shebahfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Rideshare||Daniel||BROUGHTON||Hi Oscaremail@example.com|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Tourist Vehicle||David||BURSLE||Katherine Coachesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MEMBER||Australian Hotels Association NT||Des||CROWE||Australian Hotels Association NT (AHANT)||email@example.com|
|MEMBER||Retail Sector||Elena||GOMATOS||Darwin City and Waterfront Retailers Associationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MEMBER||Business – Tourism||Glen||HINGLEY||
Top End Tourism|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Motor Omnibus||Glen||MURRAY||Territory Transitemail@example.com|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Taxi||Imran||NADEEM||Darwin Radio Taxisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MEMBER||NT Airports||Jordan||SCHRAPEL||NT Airports Pty Ltdemail@example.com|
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Taxi||
Blue Taxi Company|
|MEMBER||Consumers Local Government||Pete||HEFFERNAN||
The City of Darwin|
Civil Engineering Officer
|MEMBER||CPV Industry – Private Hire Car and Limousine||Ron||FLEMING||
Private Hire Car/ Limousine |
Owner/ Operator and Driver
CPV Industry – Motor Omnibus|
|MEMBER||Australian Hotels Association NT||Sarah||ANDREWS||
Australian Hotels Association NT (AHANT)|
Government and Public Relations
|MEMBER||NT Airports||Shane||DE WIT||NT Airports Pty Ltd|
Last updated: 04 March 2020
Share this page:URL copied!