Accessible Point to Point Transport Working Group
The Accessible Point to Point Transport Working Group has been established to examine, and to make recommendations on ways to improve, point to point transport services delivered to persons travelling in wheelchairs.
The forum also provides greater opportunities for stakeholder cooperation and assists the Director with more informed decision making.
About the forum
Terms of reference
The Accessible Point to Point Transport Working Group is established by the Director of Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport under section 5(2) of the Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport Act.
Functions and objectives
The functions and objectives of the forum are to:
- Develop and promote cooperation between the consumer, the point to point industry and government with the aim of ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided to users of accessible point to point transport services.
- Resolve within the limits of the law all the matters it can relating to the day to day operation and delivery of accessible point to point transport services. Accessible point to point transport services include any taxi, minibus, private hire car and rideshare vehicle which is capable of conveying a minimum of one passenger seated in a mobility device.
- Provide advice to the Director of Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport on matters relating to the operation of accessible point to point transport services.
In carrying out its functions, the group shall be guided by the principles of:
- meeting the needs of users of accessible point to point transport services
- considering the needs of operators and drivers of accessible point to point transport services
- serving the needs of persons reliant on a mobility device with consideration to the broader community
- enabling the delivery of quality transport services and options to customers having a disability.
Structure and membership
The Director shall invite relevant stakeholders to participate in the Accessible Point to Point Transport Services Working Group which will comprise of, as a minimum, one representative from the following areas:
- users of accessible point to point transport - the Director shall invite additional persons to participate in the Working Group as and when required, either as a full member or guest
- disability advocacy organisations
- the point to point transport industry
- a representative of the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics will act as Chair and the Department will provide secretariat services to the group - the Chair will nominate a Deputy Chair
- members of the group can be drawn from, but not limited to, the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics, Communication and Dispatch Networks, wheelchair accessible taxi and minibus operators, drivers, users of accessible transport services, consumer representative bodies and other relevant government agencies
- members of the group will not be remunerated for meetings or functions carried out in their capacity as a member.
- A meeting can only be conducted if there is a quorum. Three members, excluding department representatives, form a quorum. The three members constituting a quorum must comprise of representatives from the following groups:
- users of accessible point to point transport or disability advocacy organisations; and
- the point to point industry.
- At a meeting:
- the Chair or, in the absence of the Chair, the Deputy Chair will preside;
- all questions will be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present; and
- the Chair or, in the absence of the Chair, the Deputy Chair, has a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes, also has a casting vote.
- The Working Group will meet as and when determined by the Director of Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport, at a time determined by the Chair and notified to the members. However, without limiting the above, the group is expected to hold a minimum of one meeting every three months.
The Director of Commercial Passenger (Road) Transport is responsible for ensuring that a person is available to carry out secretariat services for the group, including the recording of meeting minutes.
Forum members will not be remunerated for meetings or functions carried out in their capacity as members.
|Karen Stewart||Alice Springs consumer||Consumersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sue Shearer||Council of the Ageing (COTA) NT||Chief Executive Officer||Service email@example.com|
|Jocelyn Cull||Somerville Community Services||Manager Disability Services||Disability Advocacyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robyn Burridge||Integrated Disability Action Inc.||Volunteer/Advocate||Consumers and the Disability Sectoremail@example.com|
|Janet Wright||Disability Advocacy Service||CEO||Disability Advocacyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Susan Burns||National Disability Services||Acting State Manager, NT||Service users||Susan.email@example.com|
|Hira Samy||Alice Springs Taxi||Operator||Industryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Denis Carroll||Darwin Radio Taxi||MPT Operator||Industryemail@example.com|
|Colin Dawson||Alice Springs Taxi||Manager||Networkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melina Pachos||Blue Taxi Company (Darwin)||Operations Manager||Networkemail@example.com|
|Bill Piantoni||Metro Minibus (Darwin)||Managing Director||Networkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Georgina Bracken||Tennant Creek Transport||Operations Manager||Networkemail@example.com|
|Imran Nadeem||Darwin Radio Taxi||Manager||Networkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kais Alselawi||Gove Transport||Operations Manager||Networkemail@example.com|
|Sam Abolghasemi||Katherine Taxi||Operations Manager||Networkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fred Franklin||Blue Taxi Company (Darwin)||Industry Representative||Driversemail@example.com|
|Samantha Livesley||Office of Disability||Senior Director||Governmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Traci Keys||Department of Attorney General and Justice||Director - Anti-discrimination Commission||Services Usersemail@example.com|
|Erin Ingham||Office of Disability||Deputy Director||Governmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bernie Ingram||Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics||Director Passenger Transport||Governmentemail@example.com|
|Greg Turner||Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics||Manager Commercial Passenger Vehicles||Governmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|May Taylor||Transport & Civil Services, Alice Springs||Regional Director||Governmentemail@example.com|
|Simon Gillam||Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics||Senior Commercial Compliance Officer||Governmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Taunya Miller||Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics||Accreditation and Licensing Officer||Governmentemail@example.com|
|Bernardette Edwin||Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics||Secretariat||Governmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Last updated: 10 November 2019